Saturday, February 7, 2009

good things, diaper eyes and mama no

i am two eyes short of a good set. i had a secondary mysterious eye injury that occurred this morning. my eye was all wonky when i got up, i didnt think much of it at first.... then as i fed apple i realized i was in trouble. not major, just minor. i got my contact out and did some poking around... note to self never poke around at your eye.
now i have a swollen eye that is redder than diaper rash when your getting a tooth. the funny part is thats its the opposite eye from the one i got a shiner on. so... diaper rash eye on one side and shiner on the other, and i am wearing my glasses from 1992, so i look wicked cool.

though out all this i noticed something really really interesting. i was letting out the dog, and i thought well.... at least my necks not sore anymore.
my neck is not sore anymore. i had sort of strained it two or three weeks ago, and it was sore all of the time. nothing horrible just annoying. but i never even noticed when it went away.... when did that happen? when was i so busy that i could not notice something that had been annoying me for that long? i carried that around for weeks, and i was so frustrated by it... how could i not have taken the 2 seconds it would have took to notice it was gone?

i think i need to be more careful to take the time to look around at all of the good stuff . Its easy to get caught up in the bad stuff. i have so much good stuff in my life.
i can look over on the video monitor right now and watch apple stir in her sleep, and listen to her make the sweetest little nosies. i can go upstairs and stroke her hair and move her blankets back on top of her. i can close my eyes and know that i am a good mother everyday.
i have all the best stuff still, for that i am grateful.

5 things
i asked for help
i had a great day
my girl says mama no now
i noticed the good stuff
i did my best all day