Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Alot of talk of pee in this one.

Big day for apple today.
She actually pointed at the potty... I put her on and she peed. It was all very exciting.
But is inconsistent as later on this afternoon she pointed at it and after 10minutes of sitting with her pants around her ankles and her diaper off only to have her jump off every two seconds to retrieve objects to put in the potty...
She then ran as fast as she could away from me with her diaper off and pants still around ankles.. as you can guess this ended with a face plant and some tears.
During nap time I watched some PVR'd episodes of Oprah... What I watched made my day.
The episode was about amazing fathers.
One of the dads was matt...http://www.mattlogelin.com/ I read the entire blog today, and it truly made today so much better. He has done such an amazing job raising his daughter on his own. I am inspired by him.

It made me remember that there are good people out there that i have not yet met, and that its ok to be having crap days, and be sad--- but to most of all admit it.
I think i tend to sugar coat things at times, and give the "im fine... no really im fine" alot.
I need to stop that. If i am going to get better, then i am going to have to get better at being honest about that. so be prepared.


I had a request from friend the other day to tell you a short story about an incident that occurred in florida when apple and i went on vacation with my parents.
Its a typical me story... shit like this just does not happen to other people.... so here it goes

My parents took apple down to the pool on morning and I was waiting for the maintenance dudes to come and fix the coffee maker, Just as i was exiting the shower i heard the knock on the door... so i found the first thing i could to put on ... my two peice bathing suit..i didnt go in the towel because the towel i was using was the size of a sock.
so i run to the door and talk to the dude.. he asks a few simple questions about the problem with the coffee maker and i explain we only need the carafe part, so he says "ohh ill be right back with one, can you grab me the old one?"
so i turn around, and as my arm comes up i feel something strange, what is it you ask? well its my boob fully exposed from the bottom of my bathing suit. let me tell you.... I later re-inacted this to see just how horrifying it must have looked in the mirror and it was no good, actually it was like an add for baby formula... "why not to breast feed"
i screamed.. yes screamed because im 11.... and i yelled at him "immm soooo sorry".... he scooted back in with the coffee carafe and i abruptly grabbed it and he asked me some question about heading to the pool... which i did not answer i just shut the door quickly and sat immediately down on the floor with the reddest face on the planet....
it is also red as i type this...
but most of my friends that are mums that are reading this are probably peeing in their pants due to weak blatters, so that makes it worth it.