Monday, September 28, 2009

I'm going to need hearing aids later in life.

All day long, my day is filled with the following sounds...

Apple crying, screaming, yelling, talking, laughing...
Apple throwing, dumping, ripping toys in and out of bins....
the dog and his non stop pacing, barking and whining...
the cat and her non stop indy 500 race around the house..
the phone ringing...
the washing machine running...
the dryer buzzing....
the dishwasher hissing...
the tap dripping...
the tv and its quiet show, then louder then the listed above commercial...

It is enough to drive a sane person crazy.

There are days when I walk away from it all..go into my bathroom, sit on the edge of my bathtub and cry.

Sometimes I just want it all to stop.

I just want some peace. Well, that's what I tell myself.

But as I walk down stairs each night at 8pm, I am surrounded by the deafening silence that has become my world.

I tend to isolate myself at this time at night, mostly because I know that people are putting there kids to bed or trying to unwind after a long day.

People are all around me... being families.

I am being a family too, just alone.

I remember when she was so small, I would pray that she would just keep sleeping and I would get one full nights rest.

Now, I run up those same steps at the first sign of any action on the baby monitor.

Willing to break all of my old rules, just for the company of my best girl on my lap for one more minute of the day.