Monday, September 21, 2009

Those were the days.

I am home safe and sound, and glad to be back in my reality.

It was an amazing trip, with a lot of great opportunity's to see and do some great things.

But, there is nothing like coming home.

The last few hours of travel just about killed me.
All I could think of was getting home to my best girl and holding on to her as tight as possible.

Which I did.

For the next two days.

She got a little sick of me by day three.

Well I was there, I soaked in every detail... I ate pretzels on the street with an obscene amount of mustard and smelled the hot grossness bum who threw matches at people passing by him, I hit time square... where I thought I got pick pocketed and ran the forty minute walk back to my hotel in 13 minutes in four inch heals to find my wallet on my bed... left by there by the giant dork who assumed she would get pick pocketed in time square. (ohhh the giant dork is me)


I couldn't help but think of my previous trips to nyc... and how different life looks now.

How much I have changed in just one short year still baffles my mind on a daily basis.
But I did.

I heard over and over again that "time would heal all wounds", to me though.... that's complete and utter shit...
you can go on and on and on doing the wrong things from now and until the end of time and you will not be healed.

It's not until I started doing the right things for myself that things started to change.

What were the right things?
More on that tomorrow.

Right now, It's late and I still have a huge amount of photo editing to do.

Next trip is in January... hopefully I can catch a Nets game.
If your laughing about that... then you know me all to well.