Monday, November 30, 2009

the one about home depot.

My girl and I have some pretty serious adventures day to day.

Most days we make everything we do fun, with vanilla oreo's... and what ever random toys are shoved in my purse that day...Including but not excluding balloons, beach balls, flash lights, headbands, dolls, legos, thomas, percy, bertie the bus... you name it we have taken it with us out and about.

Late last week we went to Home Depot, we needed some light bulbs and clear garbage bags.

That was it... that was all we needed.

Light bulbs and garbage bags.

Seems simple doesn't it.

These two items are mere feet away from each other... It was a maximum eight minute job.

I got the light bulbs quickly, and was checking out my options in the garbage bag section.

Apple was happily singing and clapping safely in the cart.

I looked over at her a few times, making sure that she was alright... and each time she was.

Until something looked different.

Keep in mind I was looking at garbage bags, this whole process took under two minutes.



Apple found a way in seconds to take off both her coat and her shirt....In the middle of Home Depot.

I stared at her for a few seconds trying to process how and why she had felt necessary to do this when a man approached from behind me to tell me that my daughter was half naked in Home Depot.... and that I was not doing anything about it.

I stared back at him blankly and said.... "yes she is.. but it doesn't seem to be bothering her"

He said.... "yeah, but I think it is a little cold"

I then ran over and began to re dress her.

Which did not go smoothly.
There was screaming and crying and what I like to call "fists of furry".. which means she air punches and if she hits you... well that's your problem because you were in the way.

That my friends is what a trip to Home Depot can be like with a two year old.

My dad constantly tells me that Home Depot is a great place to pick up men,
Yes, he tells me that ALL the time.

I guess one of us was trying.