Saturday, November 21, 2009

Ready to run.

After a visit to my therapist on Tuesday I searched for answers.

I looked deeper then before.

Deeper than I wanted to.

I am the kind of person who can deflect any question or any comment into a joke.

I avoid dealing with my emotions and feelings although they always feel like they are right there at the surface... ready to come out.

On Tuesday we talked a lot about why.

I used to think it was because I was afraid of how people around me would react,

now after a lot of thought, I think it is just the opposite.

I am actually afraid of how I will react to the emotion.
Of actually admitting the real way I feel... Of actually feeling the emotion, letting it get a hold of me and losing some control.


I know why it changed, that is easy.

I started to shut down what I was feeling so it wouldn't hurt so much.
So I wouldn't have to listen to everything inside me telling me to run.

Where that leaves me today is with a place that makes me uncomfortable, scared and vulnerable.


A place that is new to me.

A place where I know what is wrong and I know how to fix it....

I'm just not so sure that I can.