Monday, November 16, 2009

I still got it.

First off.... I am sorry to all of you that have emailed and called that I haven't had a chance to get back to.

When I opened my inbox on Sunday night I was shocked to find 47 emails from a lot of you who read this blog.

It was overwhelming.
It was gratifying.
It was love in it's purest form.

I spent the entire weekend in the small town I call still call home... the same place I dream about getting back to.... the place where I feel most like me.

I got home in the early afternoon and spent some time with my grandpa.
He and I had a pretty serious heart to heart about life.
He told me what it was like to get old... and see the inevitable staring you in the face... to know that your time is limited and to still have worry in your heart.

That worry is for me.

He explained that he would love to see me be married again, and have more children if that is what I wanted... Mostly he told me that he didn't want me to be alone.

I held is hand tightly and told him the same things that I tell most of you.

That I am fine.

Is it a lie?
Is it accurate?
Is it what I really feel?

Most days, yes it is.

Yes, at the end of the day I am physically alone, but now more than a year ago my life is filled with people who love me and with people who want to be around me.
People that care enough to send the emails and people who care enough to call.

So... Saturday was it rough?

Yeah, a bit.

But so are random Monday mornings when the ladies at swimming ask why Apple's dad never comes.

This is a life that has taken some getting used to, but it's a life that I accept and have grown to love.