Monday, December 7, 2009

Really? Yeah. Really.

My life in general provides both my family and my friends with laughter.


It's not always in the ways that I would like, sometimes well actually most of the time it is the sheer volume of embarrassing things that happen to me on any given day.

On Sunday, I went to my niece's baptism. I am one of her god mothers.

I think a relevant part of the story is to tell you up front that I am not catholic.
I don't pretend to be either, I curse like a sailor and don't go to church on a regular basis.

For starters, I knew apple was not going to do well in church.

I can't get her to sit still at home on the couch for ten minutes... so i was positive that the likely hood of her doing so a church would be slim to none, especially because she doesn't understand the whole "i'll put the fear of god in you thing"

Apple with some help from me scaled the pew to get to my parents sitting behind us.... who were able to control her far better than I.... which allowed me to take part in my first official godparent duty.
I had to make a cross on my niece's forehead.
The two other god parents went before me and I didn't really pay any attention to what finger they used so I just used good old peter pointer.

If you are catholic than you are probably laughing right now....

This anglican girl didn't know that she was supposed to use her thumb.
I still don't get why, but apparently it is just what you do,
who knew that your thumb was more holy then peter pointer....

After that Apple started to get a bit crazy... not really crazy just loud.

So I decided it was time for me to get her out of the church for a bit. We went to the front of the church and I let her walk around for a bit. Which was making things a lot better until she saw a cat outside.

She ran to the door and started screaming "KITTY" KITTY". (not just twice, probably close to 25 times) People were starting to turn around in the back three isles and I knew that she was just going to get louder, so I opened the door so we could go outside and see the cat.

But the cat had other ideas.

It scooted into the back of the church much to the delight of Apple.

I without thinking set Apple down and ran for the Cat.

I caught it quickly, and turned around to see something scarier then a cat in a catholic church.

Apple had both hands on the rope dangling from the celling.

That rope rings the church bell.

So... I ran with a cat in one arm over to apple and scooped her up with great force... which caused some crying and headed outside in FREEZING cold weather with no coat.



My dad came outside seconds later to relieve me from my duties so I could go up and finish my godparent duties at the front of the church.

Which I did... without any other incidents. Well, other then the fact I wondered to myself if holy water tasted like sweat.

That was Sunday.

Today was a new day.... Today I started a new job.

New on a lot of levels, but to be honest.... It is something that I know a lot about... So I didn't have a lot of fears of it not going well.

It did go well.

It actually went great.

Despite the fact that with in the first two hours of being on the job I "BY ACCIDENT" hit the silent alarm at the front desk which caused the police to show up within two minutes of me hitting the alarm "BY ACCIDENT".

Hours later I fixed the Christmas tree at work, much to the delight of my boss.
She told me that fixing it all but cancelled out the fact I hit the alarm "BY ACCIDENT" and that I could keep my job.

I'll let you know how day two goes.