Thursday, October 22, 2009

briefly

When you least expect it.. life kicks you in the ass.

I wrote last week about the broken furnace and broken gas fireplace. I rounded out the week with a broken dryer and the dog getting sprayed by a skunk.

As calm as I try to be, I am not a calm person by nature....I lose my marbles on a regular basis.
Each thing that happened made me think, well at least it can't get worse then this..... but it did again and again.

After the dog got sprayed by the skunk I sat down on my laundry room floor and cried. A lot.

But, I picked myself up and went into the garage and washed him with this magic stuff....
and tried to take a look at things from a different perspective.

The facts are as follows

My furnace broke: but i was gullible enough to buy the crazy insurance from my gas company so if it breaks they come and fix it for free. (so $1100 of work done for free)

The gas fireplace broke: but was fixed for free with in 24hrs by my trusty neighbor dan.

My dryer broke: it is actually dead and beyond the world of fixing, but my other trusty neighbor jessie just happened to have a spare dryer that he is letting me use.

The dog got sprayed buy a skunk: my house and my dog wreaked like bloody hell, but both were fixable with in 24 hours. (thanks to lindsbabes fancy skunk smell recipe)

Each of these things which seemed like the end of the world at the time---- are small things that with help from those around me were fixable.

All I had to do was ask.