Friday, October 23, 2009

Chapter 4.

When i first started seeing my therapist she told me that through this process I would have to sit down and write four letters.

One to my former husband, one to the other woman, one to a person I felt that saved me and one to my daughter.

I have written the first two listed above and you have read them here, the third was recently written but the fourth I have struggled with for months.

Below is my best effort at telling her how it is today... and how it's been since she came into my life.


My best girl;

It took me four hours to fall in love with you.

That is by far the fastest I have ever fallen in love with anyone in my life, so don't feel bad.

Minutes after you were born and they layed you on my chest... I felt nothing.. but pain and confusion.
It was not until we were alone in our room four hours later that I looked past the cries and the fear inside me... and saw you.

Really saw you....

That moment was the most defining moment of my life.

I had this feeling then that I still carry with me today...

That you and I would be forever.

I had no clue about what was to come, or that this is where we would be today... but I would do it all over again and more if it meant having you in my life.

In the first months of this mess it was you that pulled me out of bed and gave me the focus and drive to live and for that I owe you .
I promise that I will spend the rest of my life giving you the life that I wanted for you and nothing less.

Please know that we will always be ok.
No matter what life throws at us, there will never be a problem too big or too small that the two of us can't fix head on...

you and I will make it through it together, always my girl, I am never going anywhere.


Nothing in this world means as much to me as you do... and everyday I am grateful to have you by my side.


I know that one day when you read all these words that I have written, you will have so many questions.
I will always do my best to answer them, but all you need to ever know is this;

You are loved.

So loved by so many, and that my girl will never change.

I love you through and through,

Mummy
xoxo