Monday, June 1, 2009

To level out.


Sorry, It has been awhile. 
No excuses.... just had a lot on the go. Good and Bad. But both important. 

Apple is thriving right now. She is getting to be such a big girl. Her words are coming along nicely, and she had her first poop on the potty. (yes i know that is totally gross... but come on, she is doing so well)
We have been doing a lot of activities during our days, and I can see a real change in her lately. She is really starting to understand things on a whole new level. She asks me for things now... like uce? uce? which is juice. It is pretty awesome to be able to still be at home with her. I feel so lucky for that. 
We have a great thing going the two of us. It's like the song says...."everything she knows i taught her"

As for me.... well I have procrastinated on the blog for a bit because I was unsure what I should and shouldn't say.  I then had a lightbulb moment.
This is my blog. 
This is where I write to sort stuff out and try to come to terms with all this.
This is where my family and friends check in on me... so i do not receive the dreaded..."how are you doing today?    no really, though... how are you..." phone call. 
This is where I go to see my progress in the last 6 months. 
This blog is me. 


The last 30 days have been filled with great things for me. 
I have put my thoughts into action and have opened my own small business. 
After taking my photography course-- and realizing that it was something that I loved.... I have decided to do it professionally. So far It has gone really well. I still have a long way to go, but I am highly dedicated to making this work.... for myself and for apple. 
It is not something I ever would have thought of doing, but now I could not imagine doing anything else. 
It is a great feeling to realize your potential and actually move forward with it. 
Dougie will be so proud.

Emotionally I have had a lot of highs and lows in the last week. 
It's 100% something that I am working on. To level out, and see if I can make the bad times shorter and get on some sort of even keel. 
It's hard, but I have found an amazing amount of support in the strangest places.