Sunday, June 7, 2009

what a weekend.

Just winding down from an amazing weekend.

Apple was left with my parents here at my house and i broke free for 2 straight days of fun with my girlfriends from high school for a wedding 

Using the word girlfriends is totally inaccurate to describe them actually, they are my best friends---- 15 years of ups and downs.... we have seen it all together, one of them even married my brother... Also in attendance were some new friends that I have met over the last month or so making the weekend even better.

The entire weekend was filled with those laughing fits where you start crying because it hurts so much, and with dancing... a whole lot of dancing. 

It was great to let go and enjoy myself with people that with one look at me know exactly what i am thinking. 
I gave a speech at the wedding... which went over well, and the minute i sat down, two things came to mind-- 
I did this, I came to this wedding very happily with no thought of "how am i going to get through this?"or "i can't do this alone"
Secondly it came to me that I was so happy for my friend, I was so overwhelmed looking at the two of them sitting up at the front of the room... just beaming at each other. It made me remember that love is still out there. 

Love didn't die the day he walked out the door. 

I can tell you that this was one of those things in my life i will look back on and always remember as something that brought me one step closer to being whole again.