Monday, December 28, 2009

The Frame.

Last december I threw out a frame.

Every time I walked by the god dame thing I would scream cry or have some sort of rage fit.
Yes, Every time.

The frame was a wedding gift; from who.... I don't remember.

It was wooden and had an inscription on the front that read..

"All Because Two People Fell In Love"

Back then it felt like an attack.
Like each time was the realization that my husband had fallen in love with someone else.

I think I went at that frame with a hammer, a can of febreze and threw old gross cat litter on top of it... just to make sure it was really really broken.

No matter what I did.... or what I do, I can't get those words out of my head.

"All Because Two People Fell In Love"

It's only now that I can see that the reason I was so mad at that stupid frame was because I was so angry that I let my self fall in love with someone that would do something like this.

When I heard those words "All Because Two People Fell In Love" in my head I was ashamed.

Ashamed of him for what was done, and ashamed to actually be the girl who let it happen.

But time changes things.

Now, when I hear those same words in my head, I think of Apple.

She exists "All Because Two People Fell In Love", and for that I am blessed.


I now feel and have for sometime, that this is the best thing that could have ever happened to me.
Yes, this whole thing has become one of the biggest blessings in my life.
I can fully admit, that I am happier now than I ever have been.

I am a better version of that girl I kept searching for in the mirror.
I am myself. Finally and happily.
I am lonely and crusty somedays, but I am dealing with it knowing this:

I get a do over, on my own terms and in my own way at no fault of my own.

Why?

"All Because Two People Fell In Love"

Love is the reason we do 70% of the things we do in life,
We change things about ourselves and our world for the ones we love.
We fix things about ourselves for the ones we love.
We do a lot of shit we really don't want to do for the ones we love.
We fight harder and push longer for the ones we love.
We sacrifice for the ones we love.


"All Because Two People Fell In Love"

It is just that simple.