Friday, June 18, 2010

A little bit older, A lot wiser.

I turned 33 on tuesday, and nothing changed.

But there is a change in me that I find hard to explain.


The changes came late on a wednesday night when I saw something clearly for the first time, or early on a sunday morning when I woke up to apple calling my name.

It was never as fast or as easy as I would have liked it to be, but it happened.


I became, however slowly... the person that sits here today.

More confident.

More settled.

More patient.

More alive.

More aware of what and who I want around me.


My birthday itself was a reminder of both the love that surrounds me and the loneliness inside me.

When I shut the door each time people left from a visit, the silence was still there.

It's not as loud as before, and it's manageable but it is still there inside me.


I wonder every single day if it will ever leave me.


If there is something that will change this.


I'm not sure.




I got a phone call from a friend to wish me happy father's day today.

It surprised me.

He explained to me that I'm both roles to my daughter, even if she may see her father....

I am the one daily that is both her mother and her father.

I cried a bit, like I always do when we talk... and realized he was right.


My girl is upstairs where she belongs, sleeping soundly after a day at the park with my parents and a golf lesson from my brother.


We had an amazing day together

Tonight, I don't hear the silence.