Thursday, May 13, 2010

where we are.

Resentment is a dangerous thing.

I don't feel it everyday, but I feel it.

Alot.

Some days I feel it when I am racing home after work to pick her up from day care.

I am never fast enough.

I can never seem to get diner on the table or get changed out of my work clothes or do just anything..... with out a struggle.


Sometimes I feel it when I am doing a million things well, but nothing great.

Like I am never enough.


Sometimes I feel it when I am sitting at my desk at work, wishing I was at home with her.

But I had no choice.


Some days I feel it when he tells me he can't take her on his weekend.

He has a choice.

I don't.

I just need to make it all work.

I need to shuffle things around and back out on commitments.

The resentment builds frustration, anger and stress in me.

I can't stand it.

It is not who I am.


This week something very important dawned on me.

I truly believe that if you are not frustrated, angry or stressed sometimes as a parent, then you are probably not doing your job right.

Most parents are.

Most of us are constantly any or all of those three things at any given time.


What I am feeling is ok.

It's right.

It is where I am right now.


Recognizing this makes me hopeful.