Monday, April 5, 2010

A letter to my friend.



I know you are not ok.
The truth is you won't be for awhile.

I know that you are in more pain than you ever thought possible.
The truth is this is the beginning of a very long road.

I know you just want to hit rewind and get it all back.
The truth is there will come a day when you won't want any of it back, you'll just want to move forward.
I know that some days it takes every ounce of strength you have in you to get out of bed.
The truth is you have to, for those two beautiful children of yours.

I know that you are blaming yourself for all of this.
The truth is none of this is your fault... you have always been a dedicated wife and mother who never wanted anything more than the best for her family.

I know that you don't understand.
The truth is you never really will.

I know you think it will never be the same.
The truth is it won't... it will be different, then better.

I know you feel alone.
The truth is we all do, but none of us every really are, there are so many people who want to be here for you, not just through this... but forever.


Most of all I know that you feel lost.
The truth is you are.... but those two children are your map.

You will get through this.

I promise.